Parents can help!
What can you do to help your child demonstrate SMART behavior?
- Review SMART behaviors with your child. Ask your child about his/her day at school everyday.
- Make sure your child is ready every day. Ensure a good night's sleep.
- Provide a quiet time and space for your child to do homework each night.
- Keep in touch with your child's teachers.
- Encourage your child to use appropriate language and tone.
- Practice positive phrases with your child, such as, "Thank you," "Excuse me," "Please," and "I'm sorry."
- Be a visible part of your child's school day. Attend PTO meetings, Parent Teacher Conferences, and other school activities as your schedule allows.